A regulatory translation is a translation of mandatory labeling text, based on the source material submitted by the customer, into the official language of the country of marketing, considering statutory wording and requirements.
In the translation, Varefakta ensures that all mandatory information is stated correctly and in accordance with applicable EU and national legislation, as well as any customs and standards, including:
- A lawful name that is consistent with the composition of the goods, and which is not misleading.
- That compound ingredient is termed as they are fixed by custom.
- Correct indication of origin(s) of primary ingredient(s) when required.
- Ensuring correct indication of allergens, considering any customer-specific requirements.
- Properly set up nutrition declaration as well as ensure the correct use of statutory designations.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR REGULATORY TRANSLATION
- Post-calculation of energy content. The energy value can only be calculated based on the information specified in the source material.
- Check if food additives are allowed in the product in question.
- Check for enrichment permits.
- Check for correct QUID marking and/or origin marking in relation to label information from the customer.
- Check and translations of claims and claims.
- Translation of marketing text/storytelling.